Here is what you want to know about the Difference Between the Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep Islands (Island Groups of India) every island has its own uniqueness and type of nature and the major islands we are discussing in this article are,
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Lakshadweep Islands
Difference between Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep Islands (Island Groups of India)
ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS
Andaman and Nicobar Islands consists of more than two hundred islands. These islands are actually the ridges immersed into the sea. The Nicobar Islands are south of the Andaman Islands. The main features of this group of islands are as follows,
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands are stretched to the southeast of the mainland in the Bay of Bengal.
- These Islands are of volcanic origin with 8249 sq. km in area.
- The volcanic origin islands are Narkondam, Barren, etc.
- The Andaman and Nicobar islands are rich in forest wealth.
- These Islands are the only homelands of the palaeolithic people.
Lakshadweep consists of thirty islands in the Arabian Sea. The total area of the group is 32 sq. km. Lakshadweep is formed of atolls. This group island is famous for its great variety of flora and fauna. The main features of Lakshadweep islands are as follows,
- The Lakshadweep Islands are of coral origin with a 32 sq. km area and 39 Islands.
- These islands are famous for a great variety of flora and fauna, particularly corals, seaweeds, etc.
- It is very important for us to take suitable measures in protecting this flora and fauna, not only in terms of ecology but also in terms of the tourism industry.