The Differences Between Sonos One and Sonos One SL
Are you considering investing in a Sonos speaker for your home audio setup? Two popular options you may have come across are the Sonos One and Sonos One SL. While these speakers may appear similar, there are some key differences between them that may affect your purchasing decision. In this article, we will compare the Sonos One and Sonos One SL to help you understand their unique features and choose the one that best suits your needs.
What is Sonos One?
The Sonos One is a smart speaker that combines impressive sound quality with voice control capabilities powered by Amazon’s Alexa. This means that you can control your music, check the weather, set reminders, and more, all with simple voice commands. The Sonos One also supports AirPlay 2, allowing you to stream audio directly from your iOS device or Mac.
Additionally, Sonos One features two Class-D digital amplifiers, one tweeter, and one mid-woofer. This combination delivers rich, room-filling sound and allows you to enjoy your favorite music with impressive clarity and depth.
Uses of Sonos One:
- Listening to music: Stream your favorite songs or playlists from popular music services like Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon Music.
- Home theater setup: Connect two Sonos One speakers to create a stereo pair, or combine them with the Sonos Beam, Playbar, or Playbase for an immersive home theater experience.
- Voice control: Use Alexa to control your music, check the news and weather, set alarms, and control compatible smart home devices.
- Multi-room audio: Sync multiple Sonos speakers in different rooms to play the same song simultaneously or different songs in each room.
What is Sonos One SL?
The Sonos One SL is very similar to the Sonos One, with one key difference: it does not have voice control capabilities. This means that unlike the Sonos One, the One SL does not feature built-in microphones or support voice assistants like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
Despite the lack of voice control, the Sonos One SL still offers exceptional sound quality, making it a great choice if you prefer a traditional, button-operated speaker or if you already have voice assistants available in your home through other devices.
Uses of Sonos One SL:
- Listening to music: Stream music from various services and enjoy high-quality sound.
- Home theater setup: Pair two Sonos One SL speakers for stereo sound in your home theater system.
- Multi-room audio: Synchronize multiple Sonos speakers to create a seamless listening experience throughout your home.
Differences between Sonos One and Sonos One SL
|Difference Area||Sonos One||Sonos One SL|
|Voice control capabilities||Includes built-in Amazon Alexa voice control||No built-in voice control|
|Microphone||Built-in microphones for voice commands||No built-in microphones|
|Voice assistant compatibility||Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant||No voice assistant compatibility|
|Audio input||No audio input||No audio input|
|Sound quality||Two Class-D digital amplifiers, one tweeter, and one mid-woofer||Two Class-D digital amplifiers, one tweeter, and one mid-woofer|
|Price||Slightly more expensive||Slightly less expensive|
|Availability||Widely available and easily accessible||Widely available and easily accessible|
|Color options||Available in black and white||Available in black and white|
|Room-filling sound||Delivers rich, room-filling sound||Delivers rich, room-filling sound|
|Smart home integration||Seamlessly integrates with various smart home devices||Seamlessly integrates with various smart home devices|
The Sonos One and Sonos One SL are both impressive speakers that offer exceptional sound quality. The main difference lies in the voice control capabilities, with the Sonos One featuring built-in microphones and voice assistants, while the One SL focuses on delivering great sound without voice control. Consider your preferences and requirements to make the right choice for your home audio setup.
- True or False: The Sonos One SL does not have voice control capabilities.
- Which voice assistants are compatible with the Sonos One?
- Do both the Sonos One and Sonos One SL have the same sound quality?
- What is the main difference between the Sonos One and Sonos One SL?
- Do the Sonos One and Sonos One SL have the same available color options?
- What is the purpose of the microphone in the Sonos One?
- Can the Sonos One SL be used in a multi-room audio setup?
- Which speaker is slightly more expensive?
- What feature allows you to connect your iOS device or Mac directly to the Sonos One?
- Does the Sonos One SL have an audio input?
Answer: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
Answer: The Sonos One has built-in voice control capabilities, while the One SL does not.
Answer: Yes, they are available in black and white.
Answer: The microphone allows for voice control and interaction with virtual assistants.
Answer: Yes, you can synchronize multiple Sonos One SL speakers for multi-room audio.
Answer: Sonos One
Answer: AirPlay 2
- Sonos One vs. Sonos Beam: A Comparison of Soundbars for Your Home Theater
- Setting Up Sonos One: A Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners
- Expanding Your Sonos System: How to Add More Speakers to Your Setup